Part of the reason is my recent discovery (which you all made years ago): most of my blog posts are nothing more than tweets inflated by a hefty dose of soap-box rhetoric.
So, for those not subscribed, here are some rants limited to 140 characters…
– What’s the first thing Lazarus saw after rising from the dead? The tear-stained face of Jesus.
– Just seen Apprentice 1: Starting out calling your team “Phoenix” is a particularly supralapsarian move.
– I’m always hearing “Such and such a place is spot on theologically, they’re just quite unloving.” Nonsense. They Must be wrong theologically
– If u just preach hell as future threat u concede that hell aint essentially Christlessness & it aint that bad.
#hellisnow #john318 #rom118
– Christ’s work does not ‘make possible’ a relationship with God. If that were true all our work would be ahead of us…
– …Christ’s work renders all our work as filthy rags – including the work of ‘having a relationship with God.’…
– …Christ IS my relationship with God…
– …Which is why atonement debates over “Penal Sub” vs “Christus Victor” are inadequate. Deeper still is Christ’s *ontological* achievement
– … Or to put it another way: Christ aint just my slaughtered goat, nor just my scapegoat. He’s my high Priest. And He’s sat down!
– I want to write a book on Luther, from “Bondage of the Will” to his dying words. I’d call it “Choosers can’t be beggars.”
– Jesus is not calling you out of comfort into service. He’s called you from cocoons into real life.
– Maybe u thought you were sacrificing comfort in order to be godly. Actually Christ was removing your chains and giving you joy. Phil 3:1-11
– Why we don’t connect in conversation: we spend our time Proving ourselves, Protecting ourselves and Pleasing ourselves.
– Sick of ‘Jesus is Lord’ interpreted according to Caesar. Didn’t Jesus explicitly define His Lordship in opposition to the Gentiles? Mk10:42f
– For every use of ‘gospel’ as adjective I want 3 explanations of the noun & if u bang on abt gospel-centred by golly u’d better centre on it
– Ever noticed: James Cameron’s (& the popular) cosmology is the reverse of Bible’s: the Abyss is friendly, the heavens have malign ‘Aliens’
You can subscribe to my Tweets here.