I’m sure many of you have done similar things, I’d appreciate your feedback…
Following on from this post….
Who Do I Know Who Needs to Know?
There’s no science behind this. It’s just an opportunity to sit down and think prayerfully about our friendships. Think of family, friends, neighbours, workmates, club members, children’s friend’s families etc!
Before the Lord ask yourself where you are with the people around you, and where they are with the Lord.
How open are they to me?
1) Nodding acquaintance / rarely see them
2) We talk, not very deeply
3) A friendship is there
4) We could talk about most things
5) We talk about everything
How open are they to the gospel?
1) They don’t know I’m a Christian / Don’t want to know
2) They know I’m a Christian but not much more
3) We’ve spoken about gospel things once or twice
4) They’d come to something / read a book / have a deep conversation
5) They’re open to exploring Christianity in a deeper way
List the people you know – the more the better. Think through their current levels of openness (not where you wish they were). Pray through them and ask the Lord to lay on your heart one or two.
Perhaps with these in mind you could form a prayer triplet in which you pray regularly for three non-Christians to come to faith.
Just an idea.